ONEM2M_TECHQUESTIONS Archives

October 2015

oneM2M_TechQuestions@LIST.ONEM2M.ORG

Reply To:
oneM2M Technical Questions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2015 18:27:59 +0100
Thanks for summary. I think #2 clarifies a lot. I didn't know aa is for OA attributes only. Thanks for pointing out.

Based on your description on #2, I would say MA/OA/NA  attributes regulate the Mcc interface for announced resources, just like Request Optionality defined for normal resources in TS-0004. When announcing a resource, MA/OA attributes can be included in content of CREATE request, when updating an announced attribute, only RW MA/OA attributes can present in content of UPDATE request. As this is not explicitly explained in TS-0004, it gives me some hard time to guess what Request Optionality for announced resources is.

Regarding attribute filtering mechanism, I post it out based on following:
1. Announcing resources is very similar (if not same) as registering a resource. Instead of defining a separate rule for announcement on Mcc, I think reuse same register procedure makes things simpler and more understandable. And it can avoid ri problem in #2 before CR.
2. MA/OA/NA attributes are enforced when retrieving announced resources from announced resource hosting CSE, instead of on Mcc during first announcement. I.e. attribute filtering when retrieve.
3. This allows announced resource hosting CSE has finer control over announcement, as it has a complete picture of announced resources, not just a 'shadow' of original resource.

I do have followup questions on this topic, but I would post them in separate threads. Thanks for creating the CR.

Regards,
Ray Xu